Competition Name : Unbox Supply Chain Hackathon at L’Oreal
Place : Paris, Prancis
Date : 21-22 March 2019
The international scale innovation competition organized by L’Oreal was attended by 40 participants from 13 countries (Belgium, Brazil, Italy, Spain, France, England, Indonesia, India, Germany, the Netherlands, China, America and Kenya). Participants are undergraduate and graduate students, then divided into 8 teams with members and coaches from different countries. The aim of the competition is to provide professional experience to participants to make supply chain innovations in the beauty industry, in this case L’Oreal.
Selection began in December 2018 simultaneously throughout the world including in Indonesia. After a long selection process, L’Oreal Indonesia sent two participants: Ayunda Nisa Chaira (class of 2016 Industrial Engineering ITB) and Emira Fathurahmi (class of 2015 Engineering Management ITB) to represent Indonesia in Paris.
The mission that must be resolved is how can L’oreal, from factory to consumer, make its supply chain carbon positive?
The winner of this competition is the GOLD Team, consisting of:
- Charlotte G (Netherland), currently pursuing master degree at ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- Ayunda Nisa Chaira (Indonesia) currently pursuing bachelor degree at Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Gemma G (Spain), currently pursuing master degree at EAE Business School, Spain.
- Mercy Ronoh (Kenya), currently pursuing bachelor degree at École Centrale de Nantes, France
- Imogen S (England), currently pursuing master degree at University of Bach, United Kingdom
- Alberto S (Italy), currently pursuing master degree at Politecnico di Milano, Italy
with Thais Torreão, L’Oreal Global Retail Supply Chain Manager, as the coach from Brazil.
In summary, the system proposed by the GOLD team is a product transportation system from the distribution center to the pick-up point using a vacuum system, so that carbon emissions are not produced. The power that drives the vacuum system is expected to come from environmentally friendly energy sources, such as the water, wind, solar panels, and others.
Writer : Ayunda Nisa Chaira
Editor : Aldila Rizkiana